Classroom Holiday Celebrations
- PRIMARY: We encourage families of Primary children to participate in the Parent Association’s Holiday Giving Drive by purchasing a gift to donate to The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey or to donate a pair of mittens, gloves, or a hat for the CYO of New Jersey.
- ELEMENTARY: The teachers assign the children secret pals. Elementary students are asked to bring in a labeled and gift-wrapped paperback book to exchange with their secret pal. Students should bring in their books by Friday, December 10th. (Book value for Lower Elementary should be between $10-$15 and for Upper Elementary between $10-$20)
- Lower Elementary will be learning the history of the holidays and making a winter-themed craft.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: The Middle School students will have a “white elephant” exchange. Students will purchase (preferably with their own money) a $20 gift that anyone in middle school could use. (We are stressing the ability to use the item rather than have it be a gag gift). Gifts should be wrapped and brought in by Tuesday, Dec 15 and the gift exchange will take place on Friday, Dec 18.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY & MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students Only): We will once again be continuing the long-standing Upper Elementary and Middle School tradition of the holiday cookie exchange on Friday, December 17, 2021. We ask each student to bring in three dozen cookies and in exchange, your child will bring home an assortment of three dozen baked cookies. Unfortunately, due to Covid protocols, parents will not attend the cookie exchange.
- We have reviewed plans with our health and safety team and are able to manage this safely and inclusively this year by reducing it to cohort, hand-washing before and after, and providing tongs for serving cookies.
- To ensure it is a safe activity for all students, we ask that all families please observe the school’s allergy and nut policy, which can be found in the Parent Handbook, and be mindful to not include allergen products in your baking. For students with allergies, there will be a separate table that includes allergy-free cookies, mostly store-bought, that clearly list all ingredients.
Please reach out to your child’s conference teacher with any questions or concerns.